- Pasta types
This is a super-quick rocket, tomato and garlic pasta recipe that tastes best with cherry or other sun-ripened tomatoes.
4 people made this
- 275g spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 150g rocket leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat and cook garlic until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Increase heat, cook, and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in rocket leaves. Mix in cooked spaghetti and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.