Cut the zucchini into suitable pieces, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
Finely chop the onion, carrot, celery and bell pepper and fry them in 2 tablespoons of oil and half a cup of water. When golden, add a cup of warm water and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste or broth (if you do not have tomatoes). Let it boil, while you cut the eggplant into pieces, sprinkle it with salt and cook it in a little oil (be careful not to salt the oil, because of the salt), then add the pieces over the rest of the vegetables.
Drain the juice left by the pumpkins and add them to the food and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, turn off the heat and add chopped parsley and dill.
- 250 ml oil
- 4 onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 large bell peppers (or 5-6 donuts)
- 4 large eggplants
- 4 zucchini
- 700-800 ml of tomato juice
- salt pepper
- two bay leaves
Then add the chopped carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until they soften slightly.
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Chicken dish recipe with eggplant and zucchini
two chicken legs
a medium, yellow pepper
100 grams of broth
50 ml of water
two tablespoons of oil
two cloves of garlic
a teaspoon of grated salt,
a pinch of pepper,
a knife point of ground ginger (optional)
a quarter teaspoon of chilli flakes (or to taste)
three strands of green parsley
- Preparation for the recipe for chicken dish with eggplant and pumpkin
- Peel a squash, grate it and chop it finely.
- Peel the eggplant and zucchini and cut them into cubes.
- Do the same with the pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Let it brown for a minute or two, then add the chicken legs cut in half, as shown in the video.
- Let the chicken brown on one side, then turn it on the other side and also, let it brown.
- After it has browned on both sides, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Over the fat left over from frying the chicken, add another tablespoon of oil and then put the eggplant cut into pieces. Let it brown for a minute or two, turning it on all sides.
- Add the pepper and zucchini, let it brown for a minute or two, then add the broth and water, add salt, pepper, ginger, chilli flakes (to taste) and let it cook over medium heat.
- When the vegetables have softened, add the meat and let it cook for a while until the juice decreases and a sauce is formed.
- At the end, add the finely chopped parsley, cover with a lid for two minutes and then serve with delicious appetizer chicken dish with eggplant and zucchini.
Have a good appetite!
Other recipes with chicken legs:
Baked chicken legs with vegetables (click here for recipe)
Chicken dish with Brussels sprouts (click here for recipe)
Spicy chicken dish with tomatoes and sweet potato (click here for recipe)
Low eggplant with garlic and tomatoes fasting or sweet recipe
Low eggplant with garlic and tomatoes fasting or sweet recipe. Eggplant dish with tomatoes and garlic. Pan-fried eggplant with garlic, tomatoes and greens. How to make low eggplants? Eggplant recipes.
Eggplants are very good and I don't hesitate to cook them as often as possible during the summer! These low eggplant with garlic and tomatoes are part of the category of simple and good old recipes, available to anyone.
Beyond the traditional eggplant salad (with or without mayonnaise & # 8211 recipe here or here), musaca or zacusca, in our country too few people venture to experiment with other eggplant recipes. Sin! It seems, however, that lately the world has gained more courage and given a chance to the eggplants in the oven Imam Bayildi (recipe here), the fan-shaped ones (recipe here) or notched and au gratin with cheese and garlic (recipe here). I leave you at the end of the article several eggplant recipes and you decide which ones to test.
And these low eggplant with garlic and tomatoes are versatile, they can be both a kind of post as well as a sweet one. We ate them hot with cold Greek yogurt, sprinkled with fresh green mint. A madness! Those who fast do not put yogurt on them.
They are tasty and cold, served on bread spreads. An excellent summer snack! Are red pieces of eggplant impregnated with garlic flavor. No, there are no stews!
If you put a little more tomatoes (or tomato juice) in this recipe you will get the famous pasta sauce from Norma & # 8211 see here.
For their preparation we need a single well-heated pan and cheap, seasonal ingredients.
From the quantities below it results approx. 4 servings of low eggplant with garlic and tomatoes.
Fasting dish with eggplant and pumpkin! The recipe is absolutely delicious and surprising
Fasting dish with eggplant and pumpkin! The recipe is absolutely delicious and surprising. If you don't know what to cook, we present you an easy-to-make option that has a perfect taste. You will fall in love with this QUICK recipe. It is ideal for fasting periods, but also for a healthy diet.
Eggplant dish with pumpkin. Ingredient:
- 2 large eggplants,
- 2 pumpkins,
- 100 g of celery,
- 1 large red onion, cut into cubes,
- 400 ml of tomato puree,
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste,
- 50 g of sugar, 100 ml of apple cider vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons capers,
- 100 g of green olives,
- 100 g of black olives,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- 100 ml of water.
Wash the eggplants well, cut off their heads and cut them into cubes. Put them in a sieve, season with salt and leave them for a short time, with a weight on top. In a large skillet, heat 50 ml of oil and sauté the finely chopped onion and celery. When they have become translucent, add the mashed tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, capers and sugar. Mix well and wait for it to boil for 15 minutes. Add the olives and mix. Then dab the eggplants with kitchen paper, and then place them in a baking tray, in which you put a baking paper. Add the zucchini, sprinkle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and then leave in the oven for 20 minutes. When the vegetables are cooked, add the tomato sauce, pour a little water and leave everything in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients eggplant salad with pumpkin & # 8211 simple and cheap recipe
- 600 grams of eggplant (2 not very large eggplants)
- 400 grams of zucchini (1 piece, medium-small size)
- 150 ml. sunflower oil or 150 grams of mayonnaise or 1-2 very fresh egg yolks and 130 ml. of oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard tip
- salt to taste
How to prepare eggplant salad with pumpkin
Bake eggplant and zucchini
1. Eggplants are chosen to have a glossy black skin, slightly fluffy to the touch. More secrets about choosing the best eggplant for salad find here. The zucchini should be about the size of an eggplant, so we use 60-66% eggplant and 40-33% pumpkin. Wash the vegetables well, drain them and bake them on a well-heated surface (hob, disc, grill, etc.). Eggplant is recommended to prick with a fork, otherwise it could explode during baking.
2. Cook the vegetables around until the peel is charred in places, which will give them the characteristic smoky taste. To be ready, not only must the shell be burnt, but the core must be very soft, from the tail to the tip. Well, the eggplant will be ready before the zucchini. We prepare a bowl over which we place a plastic sieve. Place the eggplant on a grinder and, with the help of a spoon, split the peel and scoop out the baked core, draining it in the prepared sieve.
3. The zucchini core will soften a little harder, but when it is ready, we scoop it out like eggplant and add it to the sieve.
4. Both the eggplant and the zucchini are allowed to drain well in the sieve. In the case of eggplant, to remove the bitter juice, in the case of zucchini, to get rid of excess water.
Preparing the salad
5. For the pumpkin eggplant salad, as for any other eggplant salad, once the ripe vegetables have drained well, chop finely.
6. Transfer the eggplant and zucchini, cooled to room temperature and finely chopped, in a bowl. From now on, several different approaches are possible.
a) I added the mustard and poured in a very thin thread, as for mayonnaise, while mixing with the mixer.
Drop by drop, the oil was completely incorporated and I obtained this creamy and light-colored salad / paste. I added very finely chopped onion.
I seasoned the salad with salt to taste and refrigerated it for an hour before serving.
b) A more convenient alternative is to mix the eggplant salad with the pumpkin with 150 grams of mayonnaise, then add the onion, mustard and salt to taste. You can use a classic or quick mayonnaise, one prepared with boiled egg yolk or even a vegetable one. Click on any of the pictures below for recipes.
DIFFERENT MAYONNAIS RECIPES
c) Another possible approach is to prepare the salad as I showed at Romanian eggplant salad recipe. In this case, in the cooked and chopped eggplant and zucchini will add 1-2 egg yolks and mustard and mix with 130 ml. of sunflower oil, added drop by drop. At the end, of course, add the onion and salt to taste.
In any of the variants, season the eggplant salad with the pumpkin as you like and enjoy it, it tastes great! May it be useful to you!
Eggplant dish with pumpkin and tomatoes
For my taste, pumpkins and eggplants are neither similar nor complementary. Each of them tastes good with tomatoes, spices and tomato sauce, but together they do not make a dish, that is, a harmonious whole. Eventually I separated them and ate them like that.
maria mihalache (Chef de cuisine), July 10, 2010
For these summer days it is a delight.
Mihaela11 (Chef de cuisine), July 9, 2010
Very fine and fragrant. It looks great!
constanta proca (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
Alina, this time I didn't put the tomatoes on the grill, because they were in the oven long enough. They are more sensitive and you would have ruined their shape. Licu, thank you.
licu pop (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
An excellent idea. but I'll grill directly. I have a grill with volcanic stone and it gives a great aroma to vegetables. Saved and maximum note.
ALINA BANICA (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
Very good with grilled vegetables! I would have tried to bake the tomatoes a little too!
Varadi Silvia (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
Eugene, thank you, but there's a long way to go. Sidy, he sure goes to a barbecue. Yes Ramona, I like Mediterranean flavors, they are very healthy and good. Thank you and I'm glad you like it.
Piri Piri and Cinnamon (Chef de cuisine), July 8, 2010
Delicious. in the Mediterranean style.
Manolovici Eugen (Chef de cuisine), July 7, 2010
Beautiful presentation. striving for perfection, this is noticeable.
LALY (Chef), July 7, 2010
How good it is. And we like zucchini and eggplant. I haven't done it in a long time. I have to do it too.
Sidy (Chef), July 7, 2010
What goodnesseeeee! And do you think that this dish will not be good with a barbecue?
husni (Chef de cuisine), July 7, 2010
It's wonderful, I made this dish with fried eggplant, you gave me a great idea with grilled eggplant.
Eggplant dish with tomatoes and garlic is a kind of delicious stew with eggplant and ripe tomatoes, meaty and sweet, flavored with garlic and green parsley.
Eggplants with tomatoes and garlic, with very little sauce, fixed enough to soak a slice of bread, are so good that I could eat every week.
My husband is a big eggplant lover. I had originally bought the eggplants to prepare a simple eggplant salad, as he likes, but for various reasons I did not have time to bake them. They stayed in the fridge for more than a week and they seemed to have lost their freshness,
Then I decided to prepare a new recipe, in the style of orange Turkish eggplants, whose recipe you can see here.
Eating eggplant with tomatoes and garlic is easy and fast. In 30 minutes everything is ready and you can enjoy the best summer food. The good part is that the faster you do it, the faster it ends. You have nothing to put in the fridge for the next day. This only happens if you increase the amount of ingredients used.
I used few ingredients, nothing complicated or expensive, I assure you.
The recipe is very good during Lent. In winter we can replace fresh tomatoes with canned tomato pulp.
If you are an eggplant lover, on Diva In The Kitchen you will find a lot of recipes. I gathered them in this collection.
I hope you like the recipe for Greek moussaka or stuffed eggplant (I couldn't choose anything from everything I proposed because I like them all), but you will also find a lot of salads in this collection.
Eggplant with tomatoes and garlic I prepared in the oven. I don't turn on the oven too often in the summer, so this recipe is perfect.
If you don't like the term "eggplant food" you can call it "stew".
Regardless of the name you choose, I leave below the list of ingredients and how to prepare it.
I'd be glad to tell you if you liked it. And if you take a picture of him, I will publish it.
1/2 bunch of green parsley
I prepared the ingredients at hand so that everything would be quick and easy to prepare. I peeled the eggplants only partially, leaving strips of peel on them. I cut them into cubes and dipped them in a bowl of water and salt, as I told you and here. I left them for about 30 minutes.
During this time I finely chopped the onion and hardened it in 2 tablespoons of oil. I peeled the tomatoes, then cut them into cubes.
If the tomatoes are very ripe, they are cleaned quickly, but you can ease the process by growing them crosswise at the top and immersing them for 30 seconds in boiling salted water.
I put the chopped tomatoes over the hardened onions and left them on low heat for about 2 minutes. I poured 100 ml of water and left them for another 5 minutes on a very low heat. During this time I drained the eggplant.
I hardened them in hot oil, over low heat, until they browned slightly, then I added the garlic passed through the press and the tomatoes. I also poured the thick tomato juice and left it on the fire for about 2 minutes.
I turned off the heat, added chopped green parsley, mixed and then divided the eggplant dish with tomatoes and garlic in plates.
There is nothing left. The plate looks as if it has been washed.
And that's what I wish for you too!
If you want to be inspired to prepare other simple and quick recipes, I invite you on the YouTube channel.