- Oily fish
- Baked salmon
This is a fantastically simple recipe if you're looking to do something different with salmon. It makes a satisfying and healthy meal.
29 people made this
- 2 tablespoons cracked coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, such as Schwartz
- 1 (450g) fillet fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 375g cooked white or brown rice
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:37min
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas 8. Lightly grease a shallow 20x30cm baking dish.
- Combine the coriander seeds, dark brown soft sugar and lemon pepper in a small bowl, and blend well.
- Place the salmon fillet skin side down in the prepared baking dish. Brush top and sides of fillet with the butter. Sprinkle the fish evenly with the coriander spice mixture, gently pressing it into the fish.
- Stir the mango, coriander and lemon zest into the rice. Spoon the rice mixture around the fish in the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 4 to 6 minutes per 1cm thickness. Cut the fish into 4 pieces. Divide rice between 4 serving plates and place the fish on top.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(31)
Reviews in English (22)
This was good but would have been better with a few alterations. Mainly, I wouldn't have baked the rice with the fish. My rice was cooked and when I put it in with the fish it ended up getting rather crispy in the oven. I would mix the rice and heat it up on the stove to mix in the flavors and then serve the fish on top.-20 Feb 2008
This was a really great way to serve salmon. I also cooked the rice mixture seperately to the salmon and cooled it as a salad type side dish, as well as adding raisins. The salmon just melted in my mouth and I enjoyed the fresh flavour of the mango and cilantro.-14 Mar 2010