- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is lovely, it can be cooked on a barbecue or under a grill.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
2 people made this
- 4 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and place in an ovenproof dish (unless cooking on a barbecue).
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, spring onion, chicken stock, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and sugar. Brush the sauce over the chicken.
- Grill the chicken for 30 minutes or until it is cooked through. Baste with the sauce from time to time during the cooking period.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a warmed serving dish. Pour any cooking juices into a saucepan and add the remaining barbecue sauce. Heat the sauce gently until it is hot. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Serve with salad.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!