- Dish type
- No cook sweets
These truffles make lovely gifts at Christmas that will amaze friends with their chocolaty taste. Or on Easter turn them into nests and put an egg in the middle!
County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, UK
67 people made this
- 20-25 digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate powder, plus more for coating
- 1 tin condensed sweetened milk
MethodPrep:30min ›Extra time:20min chilling › Ready in:50min
- Put digestive biscuits in a mixing bowl and crush with a rolling pin until fine, tiny crumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate powder and mix. After this put butter into a saucepan and melt on stove or cooker. Once completely melted add to mixture and mix.
- Open tin of condensed milk and pour into mixture gradually while mixing.
- Put some drinking chocolate into a small bowl. Dampen your hands. Take a bit of mixture and roll into a ball. Roll in drinking chocolate and put into a box. Continue process until all mixture is used. Put box in fridge for 20-25 minutes to harden.
If Christmas fill a small box with tissue paper and put a truffle in and give it to someone for Christmas.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
The semolina almond orange cake is delicious and a success every time I made for myself on my 60th birthday and again for my Dad for fathers day.For mine I coated it in mascarpone,white chocolate frosting and for my Dad mascarpone,dark chocolate with orange and almond bits,both were wonderful!-17 Jun 2014